Spa Tips and FAQ's at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Resort & Spa
Mexico Spa Vacations on the Pacific . . . Feel the Sensations!
Experience a luxurious spa vacation in beautiful Mazatlán, Mexico, at the Armonia Spa at Emerald Bay - an excellent spa overlooking the ocean in Mexico.
To assure your spa and fitness experience is pleasurable, therapeutic and holistic, please adhere to these helpful spa tips and enhancement rituals.
- For body treatments, we provide a disposable bikini, or you may bring a two-piece bathing suit.
- For your comfort, please do not eat immediately before a treatment. We recommend that you schedule meals at least one hour prior to your appointment.
- Good communication assures the best results. If you have allergies, injuries or require special attention on a specific part of your body, please notify both the receptionist and your therapist.
- Let your therapist know if you experience any discomfort or anxiety during your treatment. Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal.
- Deep breathing promotes relaxation and will enhance the therapeutic qualities and pleasure of your massage.
- If certain areas of your body are tense or tender, inform your masseuse so she/he can relax and ease problem areas.
- If anything should occur during your treatment that you do not feel comfortable with, simply ask the therapist to stop. If necessary, you may end the session at any time.
- Allow yourself to ease out of your treatment by not standing up too quickly. Some clients experience slight dizziness after a treatment.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water for two or more hours after your treatment in order to aid the therapeutic process.
- Please be aware that recovery from tension or muscle injury may require more than one session.
- A 12% service charge will be added to the cost of your treatment. Please feel free to make any additions to this amount based on your personal experience.
- We encourage you to make Spa reservations as far in advance as possible to ensure the availability of your preferred treatments and times.
- For your comfort, the use of the Spa facilities is subject to advance reservation and availability. In order to insure the proper experience, 24-hour advance reservations are required for any Spa class.
- Spa guests must be at least 16 years of age to use the Gym, the Spa facilities and to experience a Spa treatment.
- There are some special Spa programs for parents and their children under the age of 16.
- For your safety, proper clothing and athletic shoes are required to workout.
- We recommend our guests to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time, in order to enjoy our facilities.
- If you have health concerns or are pregnant, please be sure to notify when booking your treatment. Our staff members can offer guidance as to which treatments will be the most beneficial and those that should be avoided due to physical limitations or sensitivity.
- Use of the Spa facilities and treatments involving heat are not recommended if pregnant or for guests with health concerns or those currently undergoing treatment by a physician for certain medical conditions. All guests will be asked to sign a waiver prior to services and Spa facilities use. Please respect the timing recommendation for the Spa facilities use in order to prevent dehydration, dizziness and insure your safety and well-being.
- Robes, slippers and amenities are provided for your Spa experience as well as disposable undergarments for privacy during body treatments. All therapists are highly trained professionals and you will be properly draped throughout your treatment. We suggest you undress to your level of comfort and communicate any concerns to your therapist.
- We invite you to communicate all manner of personal preferences to your therapist: room temperature, level of pressure, specific areas of concern, soreness, tension or music selection. All of our therapists are certified under the Spa Mexican Law NMX-TT-009-IMNC-2004 as Esthetician, Masseuse and Cosmetologist.
- The Spa is a serene zone where we invite you to shed stress and immerse in deep relaxation. For a tranquil environment, please respect each Spa guests´ right to privacy and peace.
- For your safety, treatments will not be rendered to any guest under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Smoking, food, beverages, cellular phones and bare feet are not allowed inside the Spa.
- Please leave all valuable personal items in your hotel safety deposit box. The Spa is not responsible for lost or forgotten valuables.
- We recommend that you allow at least one hour between your last meal and your Spa experience.
- Generally, shaving is not recommended prior to any treatment. However, it is recommended that men shave prior to a facial treatment at least 2 hours before the scheduled appointment time.
- Sunburn may prevent you from enjoying a Spa treatment. Always use safe sun protection.
Do I have to undress entirely for my Spa treatment?
Most people do. However, it is your choice. Our therapists are professionally trained to drape you with sheets and towels in an appropriate fashion for your privacy.
What if I am pregnant?
You may want to avoid treatments using deep pressure such as Hot Stone Massage, Water Therapies or Wraps. Please inform our Spa reservations agent when you schedule your appointments so that we may provide specially trained therapists. You may want to try the Pregnancy Massage.
Can I ask my therapist to make adjustments for my comfort?
We encourage you to do so. This is your treatment. Feel free to communicate with your therapist regarding pressure or technique preferences. We value your feedback. At the time of your booking, you may consult with the reservations agent about gentle, moderate or deep tissue preferences.
Fitness Center Regulations.To experience a safe and pleasurable workout at the Pueblo Bonito Fitness Center, please observe the following regulations. Please sign in on the guest book at the front desk of the fitness center.
- The minimum age for use of the Spa and Fitness Center is 16.
- Proper clothing and shoes are required for use of any equipment.
- Begin your activity slowly. Always warm up and stretch before and after exercising to prevent injury.
- If at any stage you feel faint, dizzy or short of breath, stop exercising immediately and contact a staff member.
- Read all instructions before using the equipment.
- Do not use weight equipment on the wooden aerobic floor.
- Please be careful not to drop weights or other equipment.
- Do not use the aerobic floor when an instructor is giving a class.
- Use of cardiovascular equipment is limited to no more than 30 minutes per person between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- If you wish to move a fan, spinning bicycle or any other equipment, please ask an instructor for assistance.
- We are not responsible for lost objects
- Beverage purchases may be charged to your room or paid for in cash at the time of purchase.
- The Spa is not responsible for personal health-related incidents.